Wed, Feb 01|
Building Blocks of Bohemian Bellydance
A challenging foundational class perfect for those with no experience or some experience. This class dives deep into the foundations and mechanics behind bellydance or MENHAT based movement vocabularies.
Time & Location
Feb 01, 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Calgary, 4005 9 St SE, Calgary, AB T2G 3C7, Canada
About the event
Building Blocks uses a modern approach to teaching complex movements, as we start with the fundamentals or building blocks of the most common isolations that set this dance form apart.
You will learn:
- How to isolate and move different muscle groups
- A small choreography each class - that will build into an entire dance in one 8-week session
- How to count (and move) to different types of music used in modern fusion bellydance
- Basic formations and dynamics behind group improvisational format (BATS)
- Confidence, poise, flexibility and strength.
- A great workout each week
- Access to an online community of dancers from around the world through Boho Global